Not all addictions are the same. When choosing for the most suitable treatment program for substance addiction, keep in mind that every addicted individual has different needs. Generally, the longer the person has abused drugs or alcohol, the longer treatment he or she may need.
Fortunately, substance abuse patients have choices when it comes to treatment programs. There is a wide-range of treatment center options obtainable to help them overcome alcohol or drug addiction. There are various treatment recovery centers that offer different kinds of living accommodations, as well as treatment centers that work with a particular type of person. Getting into the right facility is vital in order for the substance abuse patients receive the most appropriate treatment and the highest of level of care they need to get through their addiction.
- Inpatient Treatment Centers – inpatient or residential treatment program require patients to stay in the rehab for a certain period of time. While patients are in the rehab, they will receive therapy every day. Patients will also have the opportunity to attend the 12-step programs that are designed to them overcome their addiction. These types of treatment centers vary depending on how long the treatment program lasts. There are some programs that only require the patient to stay for a month, while there are also some that lasts up to a year. In addition, residential treatment program gives the patients the opportunity to live with the people who are also trying to recover from substance addiction. These people can be one of the support groups of the patient while in rehab.
- Outpatient Treatment Centers – Outpatient treatment program includes various recovery programs wherein the patient goes to the facility on a regular basis for the therapy sessions and can go back home at the end of the day. These types of treatment programs may include both individual and group counseling. It also implements some specific types of treatment therapies such, cognitive behavioral therapy, motivational incentives, motivational interviewing and multidimensional family therapy.
- LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans-gender) Treatment Centers – Most of the time, members of the LGBT community may find it more difficult to seek treatment for their alcohol and drug addiction because they tend to feel isolated and different from others. LGBT treatment centers offer treatment programs that are specifically designed to provide the particular needs of the LGBT community members. LGBT facilities also focus on helping their patients to develop self-acceptance in order for them to accept their sexual orientation.
- Teen Treatment Centers – Young individual has very specific needs when it comes to the treatment of alcohol and drug abuse. The reasons on why teenagers and adolescents use drugs and alcohol are far different from the reasons of adults. Treatment centers for teenagers and adolescents gives emphasis to these differences which gives teen substance abuse patients a higher chance of recovering and regaining the control over their life.
- Dual Diagnosis Treatment Centers – In most cases, individuals who are addicted to drugs and/or alcohol are also struggling with a particular mental disorder at the same time. For most substance abuse patients, their alcohol or drug abuse is the result of an underlying emotional issue and these individual used alcohol and drugs to deal with their mental disorder. A dual diagnosis treatment program focuses on the co-occurring disorders that come along with substance addiction. The goal of these types of treatment programs is to help patients create a clear path for the future without the presence of alcohol and drugs.